Recently, some of you asked whether there are any studies attesting to the benefits of Whole Body Vibration (WBV). There are well over 500 published clinical studies that have been completed on Whole Body Vibration training to date from all over the world, with more being published every month on a broad range of topics from body composition and fitness, to severe medical conditions and rehabilitation. Here, we wanted to report on just a few recent references:
- Obes Facts. 2010;3(2):93-100. doi: 10.1159/000301785. Epub 2010 Apr 7. Effect of long-term whole body vibration training on visceral adipose tissue: a preliminary report. Vissers D1, Verrijken A, Mertens I, Van Gils C, Van de Sompel A, Truijen S, Van Gaal L.
- Rejuvenation Res. 2017 Jan 19. doi: 10.1089/rej.2016.1877. [Epub ahead of print] Effects of 24 Weeks of Whole Body Vibration Versus Multicomponent Training on Muscle Strength and Body Composition in Postmenopausal Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Marín-Cascales E1, Alcaraz PE1,2, Rubio-Arias JA1,2.
- Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 22518. Published online 2016 Mar 3. doi: 10.1038/srep22518 PMCID: PMC4776132 Effects of whole-body vibration training on physical function, bone and muscle mass in adolescents and young adults with cerebral palsy Silmara Gusso,a,1 Craig F Munns,2 Patrícia Colle,1 José G B Derraik,1 Janene B Biggs,1 Wayne S Cutfield,1 and Paul L Hofman1
- Heart Online First. 2017;10.1136/heartjnl-2016-309852. Oscillatory Whole-Body Vibration Improves Exercise Capacity and Physical Performance in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Felix Gerhardt, et al.
- Whole body vibration therapy with exercise enhances motor function and improves quality of life in Parkinson’s disease. Thursday, June 23, 2016. O.K. Gruder, D.Y. Edmonston, G.Q. Barr, C.G. Maitland (Tallahassee, FL, USA); Meeting: 20th International Congress;
We hope you find these references helpful. To try a ZAAZ machine for yourself, check our this page and find a demo near you!